Diesel SUV Philippines: You Must Check These 5 Models OutApril 22, 2021 0 By onroadtips
SUV, or sport utility vehicle, is defined on Wikipedia as a type of vehicle combining elements of regular passenger cars with features of off-road ones like four-wheel drive and raised ground clearance. Due to the great values of use they offer, SUVs are becoming more and more popular among consumers. With that in mind, this post will introduce the best diesel SUV Philippines for those who are thinking of buying one.
Why should you buy an SUV?
More space for passengers
This car classification is suitable for families as it provides as many as seven seats for parents and kids. Besides, its design is optimized for transporting larger loads of cargo.
In the past, many people criticized SUVs for consuming too much petrol but that has since changed. Newer models operate much more efficiently, for example, the Mazda CX-5 can run for 100 kilometers with only 6 liters of fuel.
More towing power
If your family goes for a picnic or a trip across the country and needs to tow a boat trailer, a caravan, or a horse float, an SUV offers just the power for that. A mid-size SUV and tow as much as 1.3 tons while a full-size one can tow up to 4.1 tons.
An SUV is like an all-in-one vehicle as you can go on road and off road with no worries. Generally, an SUV has the proper transmission, suspension system, along with other features designated to withstand rough terrain but still offers safety and comfort for passengers.
If you have to go into a flooded area, you can rely on an SUV as it can resist water intrusion in up to 1-meter-deep water. Therefore, buying an SUV helps you travel better in bad weather.
Top 5 diesel SUV in the Philippines
Toyota Land Cruiser
This car is the perfect choice for anyone who takes off-road trips regularly. It can easily handle rough terrain without sacrificing the comfort of a road trip for passengers. Toyota’s SUV flagship has received a lot of upgrades including features, size, and pricing.
Toyota Land Cruiser key specs
- Engine: Direct Injection Twin Turbo-Intercooler V8
- Displacement: 4,461 cc
- Max Power: 232 horsepower, 3m200 rpm
- Max torque: 615 Nm, 2,200 rpm
- Fuel economy: 10.5 km/l
Toyota Land Cruiser price
- Toyota Land Cruiser 4.5 4×4 AT: ₱4,619,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser 4.5 4×4 White Pearl AT: ₱4,634,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser Premium 4.5 4×4 AT: ₱4,985,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser Premium 4.5 4×4 White Pearl AT: ₱5,000,000
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
This Land Rover car perfectly combines monstrous off-road capabilities with luxury interior, making it probably the best diesel SUV Philippines. And while the Range Rover is not appreciated for consuming much gas, the Sport version ensures you don’t have to worry about emptying your pocket for fuel.
However, at a price of over PHP 15 million, this is definitely not a cheap diesel SUV Philippines.
Land Rover Range Rover Sport key specs
- Engine: SDV6 Command Shift
- Displacement: 2,993 cc
- Max power: 306 horsepower, 4m000 rpm
- Max torque: 700 Nm, 1,750 rpm
- Fuel economy: 14.3 km/l
Land Rover Range Rover Sport price
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport SE 3.0 AT: ₱8,790,000
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE PHEV 2.0 AT: ₱9,490,000
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 AT: ₱9,990,000
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR 5.0 AT: ₱15,990,000
BMW X5 XDrive30d
BMW is a famous name when it comes to diesel SUV in Philippines for making outstanding crossover SUVs in the luxury segment. The latest X5 XDrive30d gets upgraded in several aspects including fuel economy and handling prowess. It’s worth noting, though, that this car is not the best candidate for off-road travels. Other than that, you can totally rely on the vehicle.
BMW X5 XDrive30d key specs
- Engine: 3.0L in-line 6-cylinder
- Displacement: 2,993 cc
- Max power: 450 horsepower, 4,000 rpm
- Max torque: 650 Nm, 2,000 rpm
- Fuel economy: 16.1 km/l
BMW X5 XDrive30d price
- BMW X5 xDrive30d xLine 3.0 AT: ₱5,990,000
Mitsubishi Montero Sport
This mid-size SUV has got a lot of positive comments from critics in addition to the love from customers. It excels regarding both engineering and design, but it’s also affordable and efficient in fuel consumption.
Mitsubishi Montero Sport key specs
- Engine: DOHC Clean Diesel
- Displacement: 2,442 cc
- Max power: 181 horsepower, 3,500 rpm
- Max torque: 430 Nm, 2,500 rpm
- Fuel economy: 18.5 km/l
Mitsubishi Montero Sport price
- Mitsubishi Montero Sport GLX 2.4 4×2 MT: ₱1,568,000
- Mitsubishi Montero Sport GLS 2.4 4×2 AT: ₱1,728,000
- Mitsubishi Montero Sport GT 2.4 4×2 AT: ₱1,928,000
- Mitsubishi Montero Sport GT 2.4 4×4 AT: ₱2,450,000
The Tucson is proof that an off-road vehicle doesn’t have to look tough and boxy thanks to its improved design. Apart from the glossy design, this car also offers remarkable fuel economy along with roomy interior.
Hyundai Tucson key specs
- Engine: R 2.0 CRDi e-VGT
- Displacement: 1,995 cc
- Max power: 185 horsepower, 4,000 rpm
- Max torque: 402 Nm, 2,750 rpm
- Fuel economy: 24.8 km/l
Hyundai Tucson price
- Hyundai Tucson GL 2.0 FWD MT: ₱1,368,000
- Hyundai Tucson GL 2.0 FWD AT: ₱1,448,000
- Hyundai Tucson GL 2.0 CRDi FWD AT: ₱1,715,000
- Hyundai Tucson GLS 2.0 CRDi FWD AT: ₱1,885,000
We hope that through this post, you will be able to find a great diesel SUV Philippines for yourself and your family. If you need more tips and guides relating to cars, don’t hesitate to visit Onroadtips.