Easy LTO Text Plate Number Verification For Your VehicleApril 15, 2021
Getting a new car is exciting, but there is a ton of work to do before you can officially and actually drive your vehicle around; and one of the most important, urgent things to do is registering and verifying your plate number. Fortunately, system advancements have now allowed for LTO text plate number verification as well as online verification, which is absolutely convenient and time-saving.
For those who are new to this process or have forgotten how to verify LTO plate number, you will find your answer in this post.
How to verify plate number in LTO via text
LTO plate verification thru text is convenient in the way that you don’t need to go to the Department registry in person or a fancy internet connection to get the information. Onroadtips will show you how to get this information.
There’s only one step in this process where you compose a text message following this exact format: “LTO VEHICLE [PLATE NUMBER OF THE CAR]”
And send the message to 2600. It will take only 5 to 10 minutes before the system responds to your inquiry with basic info and specifications of your car.
Particularly, the message sent to you will include the car’s plate number, its make and model, production year, its color, the last time it was registered, as well as any apprehensions with LTO.
LTO text plate: important facts
As of now, you know how to text LTO plate number, remember to check the message before sending in case there’s any error in the format or it won’t work.
- If your text message is sent successfully to LTO, you will be charged P2.50, deducted from your credit, for LTO text plate number verification.
- LTO text plate number verification only works for subscribers of Sun Cellular, Globe Telecom, and SMART Communications.
- Not only car owners but also authorities can use this LTO text plate number verification service to check a car’s registration’s legitimacy to see if it’s apprehended.
- You can use the service in certain situations like when you buy a second-hand car from someone you are not familiar with, someone lends you a car, or when you are stopped on the road by the police and you want to avoid answering questions.
LTO text plate number verification online
However, if you are connected to the internet, you can just go online and check your plate number. There are two main advantages of this procedure:
- Time-saving: you don’t have to line up and wait for the registry to look up the car owner information, omitting the frustration on busy days.
- Convenient: the internet allows you to find the information you need from anywhere, as well as your device is connected.
- Administrative procedures promoted: as looking up number plates online is fast and convenient, it helps promote transactions and changing owner names with no need for going to the Department registry.
To check your plate number online, you just need to visit the LTO Online Web Portal and scroll down until you see the motor vehicle 7-character plate backlog inquiry. Here, just type in the License Plate number of your car and the system will show the plate’s status.
It’s simple, isn’t it? This is a great alternative way to LTO text plate verification.
Why you need to verify your LTO plate number
Many people focus on registering the plate number without knowing the importance of verification. While it’s compulsory to register a brand new car with the Land Transportation Office (or LTO), buying a second-hand one involves verifying the place number.
This way, you will be able to find out who the car was registered to, whether it’s alarmed in the LTO as a hot or stolen vehicle, or if it has a bad record in the system, regarding driver apprehension.
On the other hand, verifying the plate number helps you find out whether the car has been registered, you don’t want to take the risk of paying an unregistered vehicle fine.
LTO text plate number verification motorcycle
There are two ways to verify your motorcycle’s plate.
The first one is coordinating with your dealer to access the information of the plate.
The other way is heading to the LTO website and look for a section titled “LTO’s ONLINE SERIVCES.” Here, click on “MOTOR VEHICLE 7-CHARACTER PLATE BACKLOG INQUIRY” and enter the plate number. Then, the system will display the plate’s status.
All in all, in this post, we have provided you with a handful of comprehensive guidelines on what you can do to verify your car’s LTO text plate number without having to go in person. There are two ways, the first of which is sending a text message containing your plate number to 2600. It’s easy to do an LTO text check plate number on your phone with a simple text message, just remember to follow the right format when composing the message. The second way to check your LTO text plate number is by visiting the LTO website. Both these ways can be done quickly on your mobile phone so that you can save time and effort but still get the information you’re looking for.
>>> More infomation about car registration renewal: https://philkotse.com/car-buying-and-selling/car-registration-renewal-in-the-philippines-everything-you-need-to-know-1828