Car Modification: Should You Buy A Modified Car?August 25, 2022 0 By onroadtips
Today, modified cars are one of the most exciting options on the used car market. With a car modification, owners will be able to express a part of their personality that conventional cars may not be able to do. So should you buy a modified car? Let’s explore through the following article to make an informed choice.
What is a modified car?
A modified car is an automobile that has been replaced or modified with one or more parts that differ from the original in various ways to increase engine power or simply to be visually appealing. Usually, when it comes to modified cars, they are usually cars that have been modified to add performance and other features for better handling. Cars that have been repainted in a different color and customized to change their appearance are also a form of modified cars.
Pros of buying a modified car
- Modified automotive performance components can enhance the vehicle’s handling, driving experience and power for your car. A major benefit of car modification is that the services of car modification companies include improving speed and torque performance.
- Inner car modifications like engine tuning will rarely have a negative impact on your car’s value. If you find a good mechanic who knows how to install them properly. hose replacement engines will keep you driving for many years and even increase your vehicle’s fuel economy, saving you a significant amount of money.
- Modified cars will definitely stand out from the crowd and help you express your own style and personality. Because each modified car is unique.
- In addition, there are many car repair shops, which can provide advice and advise you on which direction to modify the car. What parts need to be changed, what new mods are available…
>>> Suggested for you: 7 Car Buying Tips 2022 You Should Know
Cons of buying a modified car
- Quality of parts used: When looking to buy a modified car, it is important to know the marks being used on the modifications. Look for trusted names in the industry to ensure high quality.
- Quality of modifications’s conformity: Just like buying a standard car, it’s also important to check the condition of any modifications. Be sure to check the quality of the workmanship. If possible, ask for proof of the professional work being done. Some fast-moving parts that don’t fit properly can cause long-term damage.
- The legitimacy of the mods: Some car modifications are illegal in the Philippines. When buying a modified car for road use, you must make sure it’s still legal. For example: Laser jammers, designed to compete with speed guns are completely illegal; window tints must allow 75% of light through the passenger window and 70% through the windshield; neon lighting under the vehicle is subject to strict regulations.
- Some drivers modify their cars specifically for racing. And as such, ignore all the elements of the car that aren’t meant for speed. Just like when you buy any other car, make sure you have a full service history and inspect the whole car before you buy.
- Value and resale value: Various vehicle modifications. Some can increase the value of the car, while others will decrease its value. Color and body kit especially affect the value of a car.
- Make sure the car fits your style before agreeing to a purchase. No one likes the buyer’s feelings of remorse.
Should You Buy A Modified Car?
As can be seen, modified cars have quite a few benefits but also certain disadvantages. Therefore, if you want to buy a quality modified car, you need to look into the insurance policies of the repair company. If you are concerned, talk to any car modification company or shop and seek advice on these modes. However, if you are a cautious person and have doubts about the car modification, do not rush to buy them just because you like them.