RFID Balance Inquiry For AutoSweep And EasyTrip: 3 Easy MethodsMay 31, 2021
Once you have got the RFID sticker and account, you can start using it to pay for the required fees in expressways. One of the things you need to do with your account is making sure it has money inside for use, meaning you will have to check the account balance at some point to find out whether to recharge it or not. With that in mind, this Onroadtips post is aimed to help you carry out an RFID balance inquiry.
Since there are two RFID services and a number of ways to check the account balance with each service, we will walk you through all the steps with as many details as possible.
AutoSweep RFID balance inquiry
AutoSweep service covers several expressways including SLEX, Skyway, STAR, NAIAX, MCX, Tollway, and TPLEX. It offers three maintaining balance for different vehicles classes: PHP 100 for class 1, PHP 200 for class 2, and PHP 300 for class 3.
How to check AutoSweep RFID balance through the official website
Once you’ve become a subscriber of AutoSweep, you need to sign up for an account on its official site so you can use services like balance inquiry as well as a statement of account summary requests.
- Step 1: Provide required information like full name, plate number, account number, email address, and card number.
- Step 2: Log in with your email address and your set password. After that, you will be able to view the account details.
- Step 3: Click on Enrolled accounts > Balance, which will show how much money you have left in your AutoSweep account.
How to check AutoSweep RFID balance through the mobile app
In the past, AutoSweep only had an Android app, but you can now download its iOS app from the App Store too. Follow these steps for RFID balance check.
- Step 1: Visit the AutoSweep official site.
- Step 2: Find a green box titled “How to Install the AutoSweep RFID Balance Inquiry App.” It features the instruction and Download button. Click on the button to get the app.
- Step 3: Once the app installation is complete, open it. Then, register an account if you haven’t had one already.
- Step 4: Log in and tap the Balance button.
AutoSweep RFID balance inquiry SMS
- Step 1: Compose a text message on your phone following this format: AUTOSWEEP [space] BALINQ [space] Plate Number or Card Number.
- Step 2: Send the message to 0918-860-8655 (Smart) or 0917-860-8655 (Globe)
Keep in mind that you need to use the phone number that you used when registering your account.
So, here’s how to check balance RFID in three different ways with AutoSweep service.
EasyTrip RFID balance inquiry
The difference between EasyTrip and AutoSweep is which expressways they cover. As for EasyTrip, it provides RFID service at CAVITEX, C5 Link, CALAX, SCTEX, and NLEX. RFID balance checking can be done in two ways, like AutoSweep: via the official website, and mobile app.
How to check EasyTrip RFID balance through the official website
For those with easy internet connection, you can conduct RFID balance inquiry online via the EasyTrip site.
- Step 1: Register an account with your information
- Step 2: Log in
- Step 3: Check the balance in your account
So, these are the 3 easy steps of how to check RFID balance online. Remember to use your exact phone number, email address, and plate number to register the account.
How to check EasyTrip RFID balance through the mobile app
The EasyTrip app is available on both the Google Play Store and App Store for Android and iOS users.
- Step 1: Download and install the app on your smartphone
- Step 2: If you haven’t had an account, register one in the app. Then, log in with your credentials or using your Facebook account or Apple ID.
- Step 3: Type in the required details about your vehicle and yourself. Click Save to proceed.
- Step 4: Tap on your vehicle or account to easily view the balance.
Here’s all the information and guidelines you need to know when it comes to RFID balance inquiry. We hope that through this post, you pick out the most suitable method to view the balance of your RFID account. Good luck!